4/29/06

Beltain 2006: Erotic & Sensual Life



As you have read in the lesson that I posted, there's alot more to the erotic and sensual then sex. You may wonder how this little post is going to relate to that matter. You may even wonder why I chose to put a flower on here.

I love roses. The scent of them is one of the most wonderful that I personally can think of. It always lifts my heart. They're my favorite flower. This particular picture is visually stunning, I love how the photographer composed it. It draws your eye to the center of the picture. It's visually balanced and has a dramatic quality. It is also a simple, classic portriat of a blossom. I'm not generally a fan of the more avant garde modes of art.

It's a source of sensual delight and eros. Joseph Campbell, the famed mythographer, stated that the most effective way to live an authentic life was to follow our bliss. I've yet to find a better peice of advice in my years of study. It was ironic that his little aphorisim was one of the first things that I learned on this path, not the Rede or the Law of Three.

I try to live each day following my bliss and living a genuine life. Some days I'm more successful then others, but I continue to try. That said, one last bit of bliss for you.

Robert Herrick's poem: To the Virgins
GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old time is still a-flying :
And this same flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he's a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
And nearer he's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
When youth and blood are warmer ;
But being spent, the worse, and worst
Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,
And while ye may go marry :
For having lost but once your prime
You may for ever tarry.

No comments: