5/25/06

Ok, Goddess, I'm listening... see!

It's oddly ironic (in that colloquial sense, the way that doesn't jive with the definition of the word) that almost 90% of the witches that I know are going through the same experiences as me right now. It all started with that Beltain ritual, where Morrigan showed up and put her hand on my shoulder.

That was a very odd ritual to begin with, but having one of the goddesses of Death show up in a Mother-aspect was probably the strangest part for me. Though, I have noticed that I have a very ... strange relationship with the Morrigu. Morrigan told me that I was going to experience a time of testing again. (By the way, Stargazer, I'm sorry that she took over and decided to turn you into her mouthpiece. I know how... disrupting that is. :p)

That was all a few weeks ago, amusingly enough at the beginning of the waning of the moon. Since then, I've been finding myself challenged to get my health under more control. Not an easy thing for me, I'm rather lazy. I've also been getting challenged to get my mental state to a healthier place. It's funny, but I didn't expect for the challenges to be along the lines of making myself healthier. I'm pretty sure that she's not done throwing things at me to work on yet. Not when I'm actually making progress right now.

That's a sure-fire sign that she's got a bigger hammer waiting for me. I'm just wondering what precicely it is. Though I doubt that I'll get to have warning. When Doom, herself, is saying "Ok, time for you to get a pop quiz." You don't get cliff's notes.

I'm just hoping in all of this that I'm not going to fail myself. And I realize that is the larger problem that I keep getting goaded to take on. Which, in a round about way gets me to the big point I'm thinking about here.

We're so busy looking at things to be conquering outside of ourselves. We look for the latest challenge and newest concept to master. Our newest trick, if you will. It's funny how easily we run from the most basic and essential of challenges: ourselves.

And I am reminded of the statements of the Oracle at Delphi:

"Know thyself" and "Nothing in excess"

No comments: