9/1/06

Mourning your past

As we work with our shadows, we find that we need to mourn the things in the past that hurt us. Some times we need to express our rage as well. These poems are the fruit of such things, written a few years ago.

Screaming
No!
No more! No more blood, no more pain!
Make it STOP!

Heaving groans
Pained tears
All I think is of the years
Years forgotten
Years lost
Stolen from me
By his lust
Oh if I could curse you
If I could lay a bloody mark
On your lying, bitter heart
All I think is of the start
Start of star crossed love
Start of painful words
Start of cursing body, flesh and bone
All by the touch of your hand
I'm burnt, you're the brand

Don't hurt me! Don't touch me, you lying wretch!
Leave me be, let me sleep.
Oh gods, give me peace.

I wished to die
Those days with you
And now that time is thru
Still I find I want to weep
I want to cry
I want to curse this heart
For loving you

How can I hate
He that I loved?
How can I forgive
The crimes he cast?
My flesh is spurned
By holy eyes
I'm whispered to be the cause
Of his crime

Why am I punished and he is fine?

What did I do? I never lied to you.
I never cheated, stole, or insulted you.
It's not my fault! What could I do?


Moaning
Oh Goddess
You weep with me
The skies open with cold rain
Yes, you weep with me

My blood is cursed
My body razed
Like a sacred temple
The invader broke in
They tried to take the sacred

Oh Goddess
You weep with me
The skies open with cold rain
Yes, you weep with me

I am your scared priestess
I, the wounded
The bleeding, the weeping,
I bear the message of pain

Oh Goddess
You weep with me
The skies open with cold rain
Yes, you weep with me


Melting

No comments: