9/1/06

Reposted: Dark night of the soul 1 (2003)

Dark night of the soul ...

First, I must say greetings to you all. It has been quite a while since I was online, and there has been quite a bit happening in my life of late. Much more then I can state here, but I am glad to be back. I apologize for my long absence.

Now for the point of what I hinted at in the subject line. St. John of the Cross described a harrowing experience as the Dark Night of the Soul. Now, I find myself in the mist of perhaps such a harrowing.

It is as though I have become lost on my very own path and hidden within a cloud of confusion. As I have continued my research into the history of Wicca and the promanent authors that have generated such a vast body of literature for us students to use, I have found that much is based in falsehood and half-truths. I'm finding myself thinking that a bald lie is better then a half truth right now, because I am so shaken in my beliefs.

I now do not know what I can say I believe, or if I truly do believe in anything. If anyone else has experienced such a... saddening and bewildering experience, please share it with me. I know a few things I can hold as truths, but the things that I thought were spiritual truths have been shown to me as lies.

Few things have shaken me as this has. I am thankful that I have learned that what I was using as a basis of my beliefs were not true, it has kept me from doing harm. Now, I don't know where to go.

No comments: