Old Corn Moon (Age: 28 days)
Weather: Fair skies, seasonable
This is an inversion of my hex/curse breaking spell. When casting a curse, be aware that some measure of the energy will come back to you. Distancing yourself from the physical materials that are still charged with the curse reduces the degree of that energy returning to you. Proper disposal of spell materials can serve to ground the energy coming back to you off of the curse.
- 1 candle (preferably black, but any other color may work. A candle chosen with the color associated with the target will be especially effective if you do not have a black candle.)
- scented oil with a fragrance associated with the target
- 3, 5, or 7 thorns (well dried out and sharp)
- source of open flame (a lighter is a good option)
- Anoint the candle with the oil, envisioning the candle as the target of the spell.
- Drive your thorns into the candle at random intervals, seeing them in your mind's eye stabbing the target. Hold this focus through the next two steps.
- Burn the candle completely.
- Recite the following incantation whilst burning candle.
- Bury any left over wax and the thorns where the target may come into contact with them. (i.e. a place they would step over them or physically come into contact with them.)
- If target is long distance, bury the remains where refuse is disposed. (Disposing of them in the garbage is a good option.)
All sorrows befall you. All evil strikes you. No safety awaits you. Endlessly, I curse you, [target's name] by flame and pain to misery and strife in all your life.