Waxing Harvest Moon (Age: 6 days)
Weather: Fair skies, seasonable temps
This spell is a simple one. With only five steps, it is a good one for beginners and experienced practitioners alike. I have found this to be useful to keep the malefic magic of others out of my home. It can also be repeated and used in a work environment, simply keep the jar on your desk. If you are using this spell in a location where others might be inquisitive about it, you may want to use a jar with opaque glass or colored glass. This way it looks to be more of a decorative object than something just sitting with no apparent purpose.
- 1 small glass jar with lid
- 10 to 20 slips of paper
- Crumpled scraps of paper that will fill the jar
- Red inked pen
- Sealing wax
- Select one slip and write your name on it. On remaining slips, write gibberish. Fold all slips.
- Fill jar with slips of paper and crumpled paper at random intervals. Use first intonation as completing this step.
- Draw an eye on the inside of the lid. Use second intonation while completing this step.
- Close jar and seal with wax. Use final intonation for this step.
- Place sealed jar at entrance into dwelling, where it may be visible.
- Many slips of paper lie. Many scraps between. Never shall you find me with your baleful eye.
- Watchful gods and spirits turn away the evil eye.
- Safety and goodness sealed within, let my magic's might begin.