6/2/15

Letters to Loki #24 - LOLWUT?

Hey there Sly Fox,

It seems like there has been more trolling going on over the interwebz over the last week then usual. Some of it has been insanely funny. Some of it has been genuinely disturbing. The only thing that has been consistent is that satire has been getting treated like legitimate news in several cases. I'm not sure what to make of this trend. I'm hoping that it is just a temporary uptick in these occurrences. I would be really disappointed and disgusted with my fellow humans if they became even more gullible.

Looking at how the political pundits are setting up for the coming elections, two things really stand out. All the Republican prospective candidates are nuts. And the Democrat ones seem to be hiding in holes right now. The third party folks are somewhere in between. These Republican folks are starting to really disturb me. The 'conservative Christians' are very loud and active in that group. They're pushing some really awful things in the states where they've got a substantial foothold. Looking at it all, I'm really concerned that they're going to do irreparable damage to the nation.

I'm still adjusting to that new medication. I thought it would have had all my sleep issues resolved by now but it's still a bit of a pain in the ass. Today was the first day in about two weeks that I wasn't completely exhausted when I woke up in the morning. I don't know if this means I have finally adjusted to this stuff or not. I'm working on getting back into doing more therapy journaling. Stupid anxiety has been making me worry that writing about what happened to me is going to make bad things happen. I really hate that and the self censorship that goes with it. Trying to just push through it is just making it more difficult. I'm not sure how to approach it.

I put in for a reduced rate at the mental health clinic. Their rates just went up. It was pretty depressing to fill out the form and see in black and white just how tight finances are. A part of me says I shouldn't get super anxious over it. Another part of me is just this side of panic and wondering if I should start selling stuff on ebay or something. I keep thinking about the etsy site that I still have and wondering if I should post things up on there again. I then feel like the chair gets kicked out from under me when I recall that I have no idea what to do to promote it. And I look at Keen and think, "Hey, maybe I can do this." Then my social phobia pokes its head up and goes "Nope."

On a completely unrelated note, I get that you like this song and that you feel it is a real mood elevator. That said, the next time I turn on the radio, can it not start playing Uptown Funk? Every time I turned it on today, it was playing that damn song. I know you like it but, dude, pick something else, please. Also, I don't think the big hair works that well for you. Or at least, the orange-red hair with the lime green suit didn't work so well. I know you like loud combinations. That one definitely qualified. It makes me a little worried what you're going to come up with next. It also makes me suspicious that you have taken up the role of fashion consultant for my husband. His loud combinations are starting to reach your level. It'd be impressive if it wasn't so painful on my eyes.

No comments: