1/29/12

Kennings for Loki

Waxing Hunger Moon (Age: 6 days)
Sign: Aries
Weather: cloudy, heavy snowfall
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
As someone who has something of a relationship with this particular deity, I do what I can to find kennings referring to him. Someone else has compiled a good list. I am sure that we can easily add to it. I would humbly add the following to this list:

Our lord of weirdness
Quicksilver tongued one
Deceiver of Fools

Having experienced him acting in such a fashion, it is my opinion that these kennings are fairly accurate. I also think that as time passes, I am probably going to wind up adding to this list. Laufey's Son seems to like when I try to creatively avoid mention his name directly. My efforts tend to get a bit of laughter out of him.

I don't think that's an entirely bad thing. After all, if the GODS can't laugh at something, then you know you're fucked.

No comments: